Resources for Muslim Outreach
Online Sources for Muslim Outreach
- gcamr.adventistmission.org — Official website of the General Conference’s Global Center for Adventist – Muslim Relations (GCAMR). Contains SDA resources and information on how to build a redemptive relationship with a Muslim friend.
- www.camr-ou.org — This website is for the Center for Adventist Muslim Relations at Oakwood SDA University.
- www.reachtheworldnextdoor.com This is a great Adventist website produced by Adventist Southeast Asia Projects (ASAP) with North American Division financial support, and is full of practical tips for ministering to immigrant and minority groups in your own neighborhood.
- www.joshuaproject.net — Produced by an evangelical group, this site seeks to identify the unreached people groups of our world today. Many of the resources on this website can be very helpful for a prayer ministry.
- www.morethandreams.org — Testimonies from Muslims whose lives were dramatically impacted by Jesus Christ, produced by an evangelical group.
- www.30daysprayer.com — Produced by an evangelical group, this site is a prayer focus which coincides yearly with Ramadan, an important month of fasting and religious observance for Muslims. Christians worldwide are called upon to make an intentional but respectful effort during that period to learn about, pray for and reach out to Muslim neighbors.
- www.perspectives.org — Produced by evangelicals, this website offers a well-rounded introductory course over 16 weeks to world missions.
Books for Muslim Outreach
- “The Sealed Nectar” by Safi-ur-Rahman al-Mubarkpuri. An idealized outline of the Prophet of Islam’s life. The story is told from a Muslim perspective. Available on Amazon.
- “Muhammad – His Life Based on the Earliest Sources” by Dr Martin Lings. A detailed historical overview of the life of the Prophet of Islam from the perspective of a convert to Islam. Available on Amazon.
- “Encountering Islam” by Keith Swartley. A good introductory book with multiple contributing authors from an evangelical Christian perspective, providing an overview of the history of Islam, major trends in Islam, the major beliefs of Islam and how these beliefs relate to corresponding Christian beliefs. Available on Amazon.
- “Miraculous Movements” by Jerry Trousdale. This book outlines the many movements to Jesus Christ taking place among Muslims worldwide. Learn basic principles of sharing your faith with a Muslim neighbor, and principles of church planting among Muslims (e.g. persistent intercessory prayer, asking God to provide a Person of Peace who is open to the Bible, teaching new disciples the art of inductive Bible studies etc.). Available on Amazon.
- “Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus” by Nabeel Qureshi. An incredible story of a devout Muslim man’s journey from conservative Islam to becoming a born-again evangelical Christian. The book chronicles his spiritual journey, his wrestling with the truth about Jesus Christ, and how God worked a miracle in his life. Available on Amazon.
- “Jesus and Muhammad: Profound Differences and Surprising Similarities” by Dr. Mark Gabriel. Read the personal testimony of how a prominent professor at Al-Azhar, the world-leading Sunni Muslim university in Cairo, Egypt, encountered Jesus Christ and was born again. A fascinating and detailed comparison of the lives and teachings of Jesus Christ and Muhammad. Come to your own conclusions. Available on Amazon.